President Donald Trump on Sunday threatened to cut U.S. funding to California for aid during wildfires that have burned across the state during dry winds this fall. Neither of the two major fires burning in California are on forest land. California Gov. Gavin Newsom has done a “terrible job of forest management,” Trump tweeted…
It simply means that you and your business can embrace and promote more sustainable and eco-friendly practices without diminishing the quality of your life or hurting your finances.
This includes, but certainly not limited to:
- Smarter ways to manage your home or business without going cold in the winter or hot in the summer, or living in the dark.
- Embracing transportation choices without reducing your mobility.
- Feeding your family affordably with better, safer nutrition and more delicious meal choices.
- Making healthier choices that improve the quality of the lives of the people and communities you care about.
- Inclusive opportunities to solve the monumental challenges facing every person on the planet – from the very rich to the poorest – in climate, sustainability, species extinction, disease, health, housing, nutrition, and more.
- The opportunities to re-invent our economy at the local and global level that creates new and robust economic successes for every social class.
Living it green is not about sacrifices. It’s about better choices.
California lawmakers, over Gov. Gavin Newsom’s objections, passed sweeping legislation early Saturday allowing the state to impose strict endangered species protections and water pumping restrictions for the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta. The governor must now decide whether to veto the bill and raise the ire of California environmentalists…
California’s High Desert is a great place for stargazing: the arid parts of Kern, San Bernardino, Inyo, and Mono counties.
KCET lists the best of the best “Stargazing Sites in California’s High Desert”
- Red Rock Canyon State Park, Kern County
- Afton Canyon, San Bernardino County
- Amboy Crater, San Bernardino County
- Hole In The Wall, Mojave National Preserve, San Bernardino County
- Grandview Campground, Inyo County
- Bridgeport, Mono County
- Benton Hot Springs, Mono County
- Emigrant Campground, Death Valley National Park, Inyo County
- Mesquite Springs Campground Death Valley National Park, Inyo County
Go to KCET for the full story: http://www.kcet.org/living/travel/socal_wanderer/night-sky/stargazing/9-best-dark-sky-sites-in-californias-high-desert.html