Reporting littering in Arkansas is quick, simple, and anonymous. In fact, Arkansas is just one of eight states with a toll-free number for reporting litter violations.
Currently, about 1,000 signs are posted along Arkansas’ interstates and highways reminding motorists of the toll-free number.
Arkansas officials ask that when you see litter fall, that’s when you call … 1-866-811-1222.
Motorists reporting a violation will be asked to provide the following:
- Date when the littering occurred
- Location at which littering occurred
- Description of the vehicle, including the license number
- Description of the item littered
- Side of vehicle (driver or passenger) from which littering occurred
A letter will then be sent to the vehicle’s owner informing him or her of the unlawful action and educating him or her about the consequences of littering in Arkansas.